Memorial Day is almost here and with it the official start of summer. But just because the weather is getting warmer doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate Memorial Day with a hot tub party.
At Colorado Custom Spas, we believe in America. That’s why our high-quality hot tubs come, mostly, from American-made brands. And what better way to kick off summer than in one of our hot tubs? We provide the largest selection of hot tubs and spas in Colorado. You will find the perfect spa for your hot tub party at an affordable price.
Wondering how to throw an awesome and safe hot tub party? Read on for 5 tips for your Memorial Day hot tub party.
Clean & Maintain Your Backyard Hot Tub
Before any party you need to clean up for the safety and comfort of your guests. It’s even more important to clean your spa before a hot tub party. At Colorado Custom Spas, we can help you take care of your hot tub properly. Our staff is friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable. We’ve been serving the Denver area for over 20 years. We know hot tubs and how to clean and maintain them.
Select Hot Tub Party Guests Carefully
Once your tub is clean and ready, you need to carefully select your hot tub party guests. How many seats does your backyard hot tub have? That’s around the number of guests you should invite so no one is left standing in the cold.
Establish Clear Hot Tub Party Rules
Once you’ve invited your friends, make sure they understand the hot tub party rules. Ultimately it is your party, but some good basic rules include:
- Bring a towel and your swimsuit. This will help alleviate the number of wet towels you need to wash after the party is over. It will also make clear what clothing should or shouldn’t be worn in your backyard hot tub.
- Ask before taking a photo. Some people are uncomfortable being photographed in a swimsuit, so be sure to ask permission before snapping a shot and posting on social media.
- Shower first and avoid putting on a lot of lotion. This will help keep your spa water clean and fresh.
- No messy snacks. Fruits like grapes, blueberries, and strawberries are great snacks for the hot tub. Cheesy crackers? Not so much.
- No alcohol in the backyard hot tub. Hot tubbing for an extended period of time can cause dehydration. So can alcohol consumption. It’s best to soak first.
- Stay hydrated. Water is the best beverage to consume while hot tubbing.
- 15 to 20-minute soaks for kids over five, and always under adult supervision. The water temperature should be dialed down if kids will be participating in the hot tub party.
- No pets.
Serve a Star Spangled Hot Tub Party Menu
Serve red, white and blue fruits and snacks or go all out with an American hot dog bar.
A Denver dog complete with all your favorite toppings screams summer has arrived!
A frozen drink would be the perfect patriotic adult beverage after hot tubbing. Mocktail versions can even be made for the kids! Remember to serve drinks in unbreakable cups. The last thing you want is broken glass in or around your hot tub.
Add Patriotic Backyard Decorations
Finally, treat your backyard to the patriotic touch. Consider adding small American flags to line walkways and flag bunting on any decking or overhangs. You can have a completely festive feel to your backyard party.
Bonus Tip for Your Memorial Day Hot Tub Party
At Colorado Custom Spas, we take pride in our American heritage, and our goal is to build back our economy one hot tub at a time. Have a happy and safe Memorial Day in your beautiful hot tub!